Page 35 of 305 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #341
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Wiseman. People compared FF8 to FF7 way too much, and they were blind to the fact that FF8 was a good game in its own right. If the FF series didnt exist, and Square gave each of their games a different name, then "FF8" would receive a lot less criticism. It would be respected for all the things it did well, and it would be a completely seperate entity to all the other Square games.

    Xellos, those 2 or 3 sentences must contain well over 15 clauses each. FF8's story is huge.

  2. #342
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wiseman: just wait. Long ass summons and weird story twists just aren't really that great.

    But the game... meh... meh...

  3. #343
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Playing FFX-2 and Fire Emblem 6 and 7

    X-2 pwnz. First 10 hours is better than any other square game's first 10 hours, except possibe ChronoTrigger

    I'll give more later. Now I need to play more X-2

  4. #344
    Inactive Member Reitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, you're the only one I know who likes X-2. 3 of my friends have it, and we all hated it or disappointed of it greatly.

  5. #345
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh? Why is that?

  6. #346
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "FFX had X, while FFX-2 has Y. Y is worse than X, therefore it sucks."

  7. #347
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess becaus eof how different it is from traditional RPGs

    I'ts totally free, and the majority of playtime is in sidequests. The battle system is very fast paced, and seems t include some Grandia elements (Spells have area of effects, the characters don't just stand in lines, and any attack delays the target slightly)

    but most of all, it's atmosphere. The game is very upbeat. Instead of only focusing on the story, it's equal with gameplay. I've only played for 15 hous so far, but hte game hasn't gone into the depressive half of the story like most RPGs do (Like G2 after you get all the Valmar pieces, or G1 's second disc)

  8. #348
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, but depressive parts are cool, they are when things get real serious, you're in deep shit, and most plot twists happen

  9. #349
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, but this game is making lots of plot twists (at least if you're going to every area each story level...) without making things depressed.

    And btw, on the demo you start at level 50 in the: Infiltrate Bevelle! mission, but on the actual game, I was level 20 when I began that mission o.o finished at 23.

    And the demo dungeons are extremely shortened versions of the real game's.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  10. #350
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, yes, I played the infiltrate bevelle mission. I'm like "okay, so is this supposed to be uh... hard?"

    Yeah, I'm playing Halo now, pretty cool so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •